Beyond excited to be the first guest post over at SimpleLifeTogether! Love those Hayes folks…just good people with a very important message. I am incredibly honored to be on their blog this week. It gave me a chance to hammer out how this whole thing ignited for me. I even learned a few things by getting it all down.
Thanks, Dan and Vanessa!
* * *
I love it when passionate, smart people share their journey with the rest of us…and I think it’s cool that all three authors are in different stages of life.
* * *
I’m a documentary junkie.
I could watch one every day. I find it helpful to be informed on all kinds of random topics.
These were my favorites recently:
2) Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead (okay..so I’ve watched this 2 times) – I’m a juicing believer and benefactor…I haven’t been sick in 6 months, and I’m a 3rd grade teacher, for cryin’ out loud! Can you say petri dish?
3) Sprawling From Grace – What the heck is happening to America? Sad, but also hopeful little tale of woe.
4) Happy – Funny how this movie really emphasizes relationships and giving to create happiness (in fact, owning a lot of stuff proved the opposite)
5) Tiny – I can’t find this on Amazon, but I can’t wait to see it. I’m a bit of a tiny house stalker, even though you could place one in my living room.
6) Wal-mart, The High Cost of Low Price – Okay, so this one just made me MAD. I can’t even drive by that store without having a reaction. My kids watched it with me and they said, “Mom, how can people shop there, knowing all of the bad business they practice?” I had no answer…except to tell the world to watch more documentaries.
7) Kids + Money – Another one the kidlets agreed was a source of good info. We’re really working to teach them smart money practices and this one put it into kid language.
* * *
New blog find…
I’m a bit of a Hawaii fanatic.
As in, I never miss Hawaii Life on HGTV (“Don’t bother me, kids…mom’s daydreaming”) and I have a drawer of sand and shells under my desk to put my feet in when it is a rainy, sloppy mess here in the Pacific Northwest.
Yes, I’m aware that this is weird and pathetic…
YET, it’s all part of my plan to will my life there in retirement with my Hawaii-loving spouse. Seriously, I will settle for a shack on the center divider of the King Kamehameah Highway.
MauiShopGirl is my new spot to visit and it’s almost as good as putting my feet in the little sand shoebox! Hooray for me, strange teacher-tropics-obsessive-lady!
Tania Ginoza’s interview on the Hayes’ podcast was terrific–‘loved it.
* * *
Okay, friends.That’s it for this week. My head is swirling with all kinds of things I’m learning and experimenting with. So excited to have a spot to put it all! I’ m working on a good/but simple design post for a simplified home. I’m a recovering interior design magazine addict, but it did help me learn the basics to put it all together, minus the multitudes of STUFF.
I really appreciate you being here. Have a fabulous week!